KUALA LUMPUR, 6 December 2019 – Armani Media Sdn Bhd (Armani Media), publisher of Entrepreneur Insight, remains committed to honour successful entrepreneurs and top companies related to the halal sector at its Asia Halal Brand Awards 2019 (AHBA) Gala Night.
Supported and endorsed by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM), Halal Industry Development Corporation (HIDC) and Ministry of Entrepreneurship Development, the regional award this year received 488 nominations via its website, www.ahba.asia, when it closed in mid-November.
To maintain the high standards of judging for AHBA 2019, its panel of judges comprised industry practitioners;
1. Dato’ Redzuawan bin Ismail (Chef Wan)
(Malaysian Celebrity Chef, television host, actor, restauranteur and entrepreneur.)
2. Mohd Asri bin Abdullah
(Principle Assistant Director of Malaysia Halal Council Secretariat Dept of Islamic Development Malaysia [JAKIM])
3. Hj. Muhamad Amin Fahmi Bin Solahuddin
(Head of International Relations and Trade Bureau, Malaysian Islamic Chamber of Commerce [MICC])
4. Hairol Ariffein Sahari
(CEO of Halal Industry Development Corporation [HDC])
5. Dr. H. Sapta Nirwandar, SE. DESS., DESS
(Indonesia Halal Lifestyle Center)
6. Dr. Muhamad Shirwan Abdullah Sani
(Head of Laboratory of International Institute for Halal Research and Training [MICC])
After going through a stringent process, Armani Media founder Dato’ KK Chua said 58 winners were selected. They are grouped under the following categories:
- Promising Brands for companies which have been established two to five years with annual revenue of RM1 million to RM5 million;
- Established Brands for six to nine years’ establishment with annual revenue of RM5 million to RM20 million.
- Regional Brands whose companies have been around more than five years with annual revenue of RM20million to RM50mil. They must also be present in at least two foreign markets.
- Heritage Brands, whose organisations have been set up over 10 years with annual revenue in excess of RM30 million.
Datuk Chua added, “Halal Industry is worth more than USD3 trillion. The best differentiation is through branding. Without proper branding, your company will cease to stand out. We are more than happy to be working with JAKIM, HIDC, MED and other related bodies to promote the growth of the halal industry and its brands not only in Malaysia but also globally.”
YB Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof, Minister of Entrepreneurship Development, the Guest of Honour, applauded Armani Media for its continued efforts to help raise the awareness for halal brands and its high-quality standards through its regional award.
“I wish to congratulate all the winners of Asia Halal Brand Awards. I must also inform that the Ministry of Entrepreneurship Development has been mandated by the government to sphere head the development to the halal industry for the global halal market. And for that, I wish to congratulate all the winners of Asia Halal Brand Awards on this impressive achievement.”, said YB Datuk Seri Mohd Redzuan Yusof.